Today we are comparing black ink pads and how they stamp. I have five different brands of black ink pads I’m going to compare/review/demonstrate for you today and they are listed below. In my video, I go over the different qualities of each ink pad but I’ll give you a brief overview here as well.
- Versafine Onyx Black – A faster drying Pigment ink, permanent ink good for water coloring and heat embossing with clear embossing powder. This is a favorite of many stampers for sentiments.
- Ranger Archival Jet Black – A fast drying, permanent ink that is great for water coloring. Will stain your stamps but won’t affect the stamped images.
- StazOn Jet Black – Great for non porous surfaces such as transparencies, glass, plastic, ceramic, leather, etc. Has a STRONG odor and will stain your stamps but won’t affect the stamped images.
- Gina K Designs Black Onyx – Fast Drying Premium Dye Ink Pad. This is my personal favorite.
- Memento Tuxedo Black – Fast drying dye ink pad – copic marker friendly ink pad.
Here is an photographic overview of how the inks stacked up next to one another. (Click on the photos to view them full size)
Here are individual photos of each ink pad’s stamped image.
You can view in HD at this link.
All available products used in this video and demonstration are listed below for your convenience.