Yesterday was one year anniversary of the passing of my dear, sweet, funny Grandmom, (Helen) Jeanette Bliven Moore who blessed this world with her presence from April 17, 1921 to October 23, 2008.
When I think about my Grandmom these things come to mind:
- Her cute chuckle and the light in her eyes
- How soft and little she was (she was much shorter than I)
- Chocolate, Oatmeal cookies & red hots (not all together) lol
- Gardening & Flowers
- Crafts like needlepoint and painting (She was so talented!)
- Birds, especially the Red Cardinal
- Wind chimes
- Comic strips like Cathy and Garfield (she was a comic queen, mailed them, had them in her purse, in her office, everywhere you look she had a funny comic)
- Her fiery personality (which I’m told is very similar to my own)
- Her love for my Grandfather and how she lit up like a Christmas tree when she spoke of him
- How much I love and miss her and wish I had had more time with her.
I didn’t get to spend a lot of time with my Grandmom which probably is why the memories I do have are so precious to me. We lived states away for most of my life so my memories are from a handful of visits, tons of letters, cards and phone calls. I felt (feel) a strong connection to my Grandmom, probably because she reminds me so much of my mom physically and myself in personality. I’ve never met anyone like her before. She was unique, one of a kind and a lady in all ways. They just don’t make ’em like my Grandmom anymore.
To my sweet, loving, loyal and wonderful Granddad (McDreamy), I know your heart has been broken for a long time since Grandmom got sick and that the last year has been a long journey for you. I wish I could be there in person with you today to hug you and talk to you about all your wonderful memories with Grandmom. I’ve never seen a love like the love the two of you have for each other and I know I never will again. You were both so blessed to have one another and I know you will be together again someday. I hope that love and admiration of your family and friends make life without Grandmom just a little bit easier to bear. I know she is around you and that she watches over you and wants you to be happy. You were the best husband I’ve ever seen and I admire you so much for the way you loved and cared for her. Your strength over the last couple of years is amazing. There truly are no words to describe how proud I am to call you my Granddad. You truly are Dreamy 🙂
Hugs and Kisses are flying over the country to find their place on you today! I love you!