Okay so I told you I’d post more about how Tyler and I set up his iRewards and how it is going so here is what we did next.
I asked Tyler to name some of his favorite things to do that DID NOT COST MONEY. Then, I asked him to name things that did cost money.
He agreed to do this with me on ONE condition which is that I call the list:
“TY’s Super Duper Happy Fun List”
Well now, how could anyone deny that simple little request? lol Little cutie pie that he is.
So here was the first rough draft of his list. (It took a few days, you can’t rush these things with him!)
Ty’s Favorite Things That Do Not Cost Money
- Go to the skate park
- (In the winter), Skateboard in the garage
- Drink soda
- Eat candy
- Play video games
- Having Friends Over
- Having Friends Spend the night
- Go shopping with mom
- Eat lots of snacks
- Stay up late
- Play in the neighborhood
- Watch TV
- Play games on mom’s iPhone
- Play board games with mom
- Get out of school early
- Take a day off of school
- Rent movies
- Pick out what we eat for dinner
- Watch older kid shows like family guy, south park, american dad, etc.
Ty’s Favorite Things That Do Cost Money
- I like having my cell phone
- I need Skateboards, Grip Tape, Wheels, Bearings, Trucks
- Cool Clothes
- Skateboarding Shoes
- Skate jacket
- Video games
- Go to Movies
- Got to Skate Barn West (far away near IKEA!)
- Skate at KBS ($6/hr)
- Go out to dinner or order pizza
- Get a Gamefly membership
- Get new tech decks
- Take down Spongebob Bedroom and redecorate in skateboard everything including:
- Skateboard posters, stickers, new bed, curtains, blanket, sheets, a new pillow, room decorations
Did I mention that I was rubbing his back while he was thinking and I stopped to type his answers on notepad and he looked at me with a half grin and said
“Hey Mom, My back’s not gonna rub itself ya know?”
The next step in the process was to make a list of the things I wanted him to start doing and decide how many stars he had to earn to get one of his rewards. That was the hardest part!!! Then I had to find pictures (I’mk still looking for some!) and add them to the phone app.
I’ll post more on that soon.