I saw a picture on pinterest that gave me an idea about how to store my paper scraps from my 6×6 paper pads and thought I’d share it with you! If you are tired of turning your paper pads upside down to try to keep the sraps from falling out, this tutorial may just be the answer you are looking for!
How-to Video Tutorial
Here is a video showing how I made the scrap storage for my 6×6 paper pads or you can view the step by step instructions with photos below that.
Instructions with Photos
1. Supplies needed: Paper trimmer, adhesive (your choice), envelopes (any size you choose, I chose 5 3/4 x 8 3/4″) and of course, your 6×6 paper pads.
2. Trim your envelopes down to 6″ tall
3. Seal your envelope
Then as you can see, you are left with a perfect little pocket that is 5 3/4″ x 6″. (It would be preferable to have something 6×6 but I couldn’t find any envelopes that size).
4. Take one of your 6×6 paper pads and your new envelope pocket and add adhesive to the back of your new envelope pocket.
5. Adhere your envelope pocket to the BACK of your 6×6 paper pad, making sure that you have the open end facing up.
7. Place your paper scraps in the envelope pocket attached to your 6×6 paper pad and voila! You’re finished! (now do this to all of your other paper pads! lol).
I have had some questions about how I store my 6×6 paper pads and so I thought I’d share a picture of the bin that I have them in currently. I picked this plastic bin up at my local Goodwill for $1.99 and even thought it’s not very pretty, it holds a LOT of paper pads as it is the perfect size. I am going to spray paint it red to match my scrap room but for now this is what it looks like.
I hope this helps you tame your 6×6 scrapbooking paper scraps as it did for me! Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
Thank you so much for subscribing to my blog. I always love hearing from you so please feel free to leave a comment below or you can use any of the following links to contact me online.