Hi everyone! I’m sharing my very first canvas/wall art project with you today. I did mess up on it (the letters and lines are not spaced out evenly) but it’s not bad for a first try! It is now hanging above my fireplace in my scrap room, where I can be reminded of my favorite quote. Here are some pictures.
I took pictures of the process and “tried” to videotape it but I’m not sure if it worked correctly since I’m having trouble with my video camera at the moment but if it worked, I’ll upload a process video showing how I made, it. For those that want to know how to make your own and don’t mind seeing it written down instead, here are the steps I took:
- First, I painted my canvas with 2 layers of white gesso
- Next, I adhered 12×12 sheets of gold glitter cardstock to my canvas using gesso.
- I sanded the edges of the cardstock so that they “smoothed” into the rounded edges of the canvas.
- I cut the letters for my quote out on my Silhouette cameo out of a cheap cardstock (from Michaels I think)
- Using removable adhesive, I glued my letters down onto my canvas making sure there were no air bubbles or that the outside edges were sticking up at all. (To keep paint from sliding under them)
- Using a Roller Sponge, I painted three layers of gesso over the gold glitter cardstock that had my letters glued to it.
- I painted two layers of turquoise paint over the entire canvas, using another roller sponge.
- I mixed modeling paste with black paint and using a stencil by TCW called “Confetti”, I added the paint splatters and hearts, etc all over the canvas.
- I painted the outside edges of the canvas with two coats of metallic black paint
- Last, I sprayed the entire canvas with a sealer.